Machamp is a Pokémon in Pokkén Tournament. It is a Fighting-type classified as a Superpower Pokémon. It evolves from Machoke and is the final form of Machop. Machamp was introduced to Pokkén Tournament upon it's initial release in Japan on arcade.
In Pokkén TournamentEdit
Machamp is classified as a power fighter. It also has 660 HP, tying it with Garchomp for the most HP. It also has very high damage output (thanks in part to Bulk Up). It has no ranged attacks in Duel Phase, with few in Field Phase, giving an advantage to fighters with a slew of ranged attacks. However, it can cancel ranged attacks with certain moves.
|A||Bulk Up||Enhances the next A attack.||0|
|Hold A||Scary Face||Lowers opponent's Speed. Functions as a counter.||0|
|Forward + A||
Can be cancelled with R or B. Functions as a grab.
|Back + A||Karate Chop||
Cancels some long-range attacks.
|A (Midair)||Wake-Up Slap||60|
|Up + A (Duel Phase)||Heavy Slam||Trajectory can be modified with the D-Pad.||94|
|Down + A (Duel Phase)||Close Combat||180|
|Burst Attack||Dynamic Fury||Pierces counters. Deals more damage at close range.||222|
- ▼Endlag of backward dash increased.
- ▲Counterattack fixed to hit during middle of move.
- ▼Damage of aerial grab attack reduced.
- ▼Speed of homing attack reduced.
- ▼Forward strong attack changed to deal less damage and not knock opponents into mid-air.
- ▼Aerial strong attack damage reduced.
- ▼Karate Chop given more pushback on block and less range.
- ▲Heavy Slam changed to hit during rise with damage and pushback adjusted.
- ▲Close Combat made easier to connect with against opponents pushed against a wall.
- ▼ Hitstun on low stance strong attack reduced.
|Characters in Pokkén Tournament|
| Blaziken • Braixen • Chandelure • Charizard • Croagunk • Darkrai • Decidueye • Empoleon • Garchomp • Gardevoir • Gengar • Lucario • Machamp • Mewtwo • Pikachu • Pikachu Libre • Sceptile • Scizor • Shadow Mewtwo • Suicune • Weavile|
Unlockable characters in the Wii U version in italics. Characters not in the Wii U version in bold.